Technology and the automotive industry are complementary to each other. Man has always looked for alternatives to improve their lives, and technology has been a major reason for the upgraded standard of living. No doubt, technology has changed the face of the automobile industry. Surely there is something about vintage cars, but we all feel lucky to be in the era where we have a plethora of other options available with us. The following discusses some important features relating to the evolution of the automobile industry.
Evolution of automobile industry
So, going back in time, let us throw light on the evolution of the automobile industry by discussing some major technological changes that have taken place over all these years:
- Smart key- The experience of getting in your car and starting it has got better with the introduction of smart keys. It has made locking, unlocking and starting the vehicle easier. Smart keys were a breakthrough in the year 1998, and since then, the technology has come a long way to exhibit changes in design and tech.
- A few years back, a Tire pressure monitoring system saw deflated tires of cars a common sight on the roads. This revolutionary technology, an electronic system designed to check the air pressure in the tires of different vehicles, changed the situation of the automobile industry completely.
- Flying cars- Oh yes! This is not a joke. The technology in modern times is sufficient enough to make cars fly. These cars are fully safe to fit in any standard parking and can land in any airport in the world. The design of the vehicle is suitable for both an aeroplane as well as an automobile.
- Auto-pilot cars- The recent development in the automobile industry is self-driving cars. These cars are futuristic models equipped with sensors, cameras, brake actuators, and laser scanners to drive on their own, which looks like magic! Such vehiHowever, such are primarily helpful
- Space cars- Now, this is not just technology, but an art as well! The newest development rather revolution is a futuristic design of a car launched in space. The iconic site of this space car being sent to space was one thrilling experience.
Futuristic Car Technologies
There are many ideas and theories related to cars from the future, how they will be, what sort of features they will have in them, and so on. But ideas and theories that are concrete will be made into reality, just a few of them. One of them is the popular V2V technology. It is a developing technology but will surely be made into reality soon enough. V2V is short for Vehicle-to-Vehicle communication. This technology lets two or more cars communicate with each other and other nearby objects.
Using V2V technology, accidents will be avoided, as the cars will be able to communicate. Thus, these were some of the awestruck innovations that have truly brought a huge change in the automotive industry along with improving our living standards.